Skip to main content

Like father Like son



He was always a rock
Yelling for lower grades
Bothered by my laziness
Worried for the company I kept for hanging out
And hating all of them for both reasons,
At least for me.

It didn't come planned
It was Christmas night
So I was at the party
For rejoicing with red Monk and vodka's of course
Accompanying the so found better half of mine.

I love wine
I love beer
And vodka are my crushes
So no doubt I was all into them
And the climax of night came in front me dancing
My better half in the arms
Arms not mine , lips of course not mine
Because I was kissing the Red Monk

And indeed you be yourself when you are drunk
Like the humans out there say.
So my love, beer , wine and vodka found the truth of my love
And I being a boy still cried out the vodka and the wine

And somehow I was on the door knocking not sneaking
And he opened the door
And the miracle happens
Christmas night miracle
All the hangover just vanishes off without the lime juice

And I enter the room
Hug my bed and say her name for the last time in the day
And he comes after a couple of minutes with a glass of lime
And handing the glass he narrates -
"Like father like son. It's okay be broken son. I too found your mom soon after my heartbreak. And she got me my career ,my heart and you of course. 
It's happy to see kid version of me
It's blissful to see teenage version of me 
& All of me again."

Merry Christmas.
Love you my lazy boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drifting thoughts of 5AM...

Does the silence gets you in future Does the lonely soul feels the presence of that soul Does the plugged earphone tune that voice Does the present wants to repeat those chapters Do that fights are more engrossing ,than those serious talks Does every word on the screen is felt like , 'This is to be stared' Do you star it like ,Mam in school used to star your best art, poem recitation , the curves of alphabet on paper Do you feel like you are queen of those interrogative phrases Do you find yourself foolish enough to check on the never changing constant blank circle on the screens chat app Do you randomly feel like drifting away from your goals Do you hit your head hard , In the middle of the crowd , To break this thoughts and come back to 23 October,2017 And its just 5:21 to think of this silly questions...

The shying words

How do you believe the moon isn't whispering your stories to someone aren't the chance of him whispering it to some writer high May be one of the reasons why you related to the story yesterday on Netflix May be that's how your crushes end up in your favorite color today May be that's how you cleared the interview today How do you know the moon isn't working on his script with your lines If you can believe someone that far How do we end up doubting the skin and flesh besides and around us If we don't hold expectations and grudges when it comes to him Why wonder for years over a message that din come through I don't understand how we whisper our secrets to the mountains and the sea but fear of losing them against the people we breathe with How do we trust the living forms breathing without the flesh over the living we can touch and feel How do I trust the paper with my words and strangers with my smiles With every question I pen I end of writing hope, belief, ...

That morning.....

It was one month to her marriage day Like every morning She woke up to the painting Gifted by someone special, Once made in the process of learning her passion Winding off with breakfast She walking down the stairs To pick the novel For handing it over to him with her morning tea Yes, he wasn't a newspaper addict But was addicted to words and ink No, he wasn't a writer but passion of reading was deeply rooted in him And there was a knock Knock on the door . He was about to open but then she was walking towards the door Dismissing him for the same She felt something strange And there was a face known Seeing that face after years Felt like a shock rather than a surprise Few best things do come as shocks He had just been quite for a moment In the middle of saying- " Would you mind keeping the key..." Alot many moments on the door "Who is it?" And the train of thoughts halted to the words - " Our new neighbour...." D...